I am frequently getting asked about the music that we play at Yoga Spirit. Each of the yoga teachers at Yoga Spirit have their own taste and style of yoga music: from pop to instrumental (we have even had rock and roll!), from english to sanskrit to whispers of nature. For those of you looking for some tunes off your mat (or perhaps to your mat at home), here are a few of our favorites (click on the artist’s name to link to their website):
- Deva Premal – really any CD by her is wonderful. Beautiful Sanskrit chanting
- Shiva Rea – Yoga Rhythms - a great flowing album perfect for a Power Yoga class or some upbeat but relaxing background music
- Joseph “Pepe” Danza – Entrainment – This is a CD Christof often plays in his Hatha and Yin classes. Chakra-aligning tones will resonate in your body to balance and relax your mind, body and soul.
- EarthRise SoundSystem – The Yoga Sessions – kinda funky, tribal inspired yoga music
- Tiff Norchick – I love how she seamlessly weaves English and Sanskrit together into one peaceful melody that is as a beautiful for a quite weekend morning as it is for your time on your yoga mat.
What is your favourite song or album for your practice? Leave a comment for us and let us know!
Emilie July 19th, 2013
Posted In: Yoga Music, Yoga Playlist